Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Banded Tank Car

Bought a old time wooden tank car at the Woodstock Train Show, it was begging me to take it home and for $4.00 why not. A little research and I found out it is a Ye Olde Huff n Puff, 30' banded tank car, kit price $19.95, however it is missing the top dome. The bands are brass and unpainted and there  is nothing holding the tank in place.








Removed and painted the bands and added cradles and hold down chains.  The railings were painted and a dome was scratch built.  Added a brake wheel at one end and a tap to the other end. A hose was also glued to the deck. The car was then weathered, looks a lot better now. A nice little addition to my logging branch line.


2 comments:

  1. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. Car Division

    ReplyDelete