Saturday, May 5, 2018

No power?

After hooking up the last bit of wiring  (to the turntable in Grants Pass) my Varipulse throtles would not work. Then I tried another throttle and Nothing! Well both throttles can't go bad at the same time, can they? So it must be my wiring. Reviewing my wiring plan I could not find a problem, but that doesn't mean that the wire gremlins can't. I did use different colours and wire type to keep everything straight. Next, I  unhooked the last bit of wiring  (all on a terminal, thank goodness) still no go. Next I tried a different areas to rule out a short in the Grants Pass area, Nothing! Next to eliminate any shorts or Transformer problem I set up a test track powered by a different throttle, still Nothing!  Both throttles can't go bad at the same time, can they? I got out another 1, and to my surprise it works.  Opened up the Varipulse, everything looks good,  the other throttle had a broken wire. So I guess I dropped the Varipulse 1 too many times. A friend of mine is going to check it out. On the positive  side (pardon the pun) my wiring is good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment