Sunday, January 28, 2018

Dismantling has started.

After much thought I have decided it is time to dismantle my railroad. No its not the end, is a new beginning. The railroad will be rebuilt in freestanding sections about 18 inches wide by 6 feet long. So what do I want in my new railroad. I want a port, long runs, logging and what else will fit. I want lots of detail and being freestanding will help with that. I want a branch line and a main line that can be operated separate from each other, for the most part. Being that it will be DC block control, 2 separate lines make wiring easier, just 2 blocks. The section where they join will have to be able to be switched from 1 block to the other. It will be a point to point layout with a turn table at each end of the main line. There will be a connction with a major railroad that will have off line cars switch with the 5 finger method. This line, the S.P. R.R. will be code 100. Why Now?  Well I'm not getting any younger, so it can be dismantled easy when necessary, leaving a bare room. Also a friend is Dismantling his layout, so there is some cheap construction materials available, a type of recycling, you might say. Besides building is my favorite part of model railroading. The hardest part will be finding room to hold everything during the destruction.  I hope I can start sections as parts are torn down. I am going to make a scale plan of the new layout and then a full size plan of each section so I know what I want to keep and box them up in a box for each section. Well thats the plan anyway. Drawing up a full scale plan with the actual buildings and track will allow for adjustments before construction what a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment